Purpose: The goal of this assignment is to conduct research for your technical speech and evaluate and summarize sources for supporting material. This skill is important to develop because you will likely conduct research in the workplace.
Task: Each student will research and select 3 sources to use in the technical speech. Use the FIU Library to find resources. Wikipedia is not permitted as a source. Write the APA-style reference entry for each source. Then, write a two- to three-paragraph summary of each source underneath the reference entry. Each paragraph should be 3-5 sentences. The summary should use your own words. No quotations should be used. Here are some resources that you may find helpful as you conduct research and summarize your sources:
- http://libguides.fiu.edu/research (Links to an external site.)
- https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/614/03/ (Links to an external site.)
- https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/ (Links to an external site.)
A successful student will:
- Select 3 sources to evaluate and summarize.
- Write the reference entries for the 3 sources using APA style.
- Summarize each source using 2-3 paragraphs and using their own words.
- Submit the completed annotated bibliography by the deadline
The post the-goal-of-this-assignment-is-to-conduct-research-for-your-technical-speech-and-evaluate-and-summarize-sources-for-supporting-material first appeared on Term Paper Tutors.