The final Portfolio Project for this course requires that students select and critically evaluate a research topic. The purpose of this assignment is to provide an opportunity to synthesize many of the issues about the sociology of media discussed throughout the modules and in the textbook.
For the portfolio project, choose a media text to analyze. A media text includes:
- Television show
- News event
- Film or film franchise
- Radio show or even radio format
- Book franchise
- Video game franchise
- Advertising campaign
- Social networking used for activism (e.g., “Flashmobbing”)
- Twitter used for newsgathering
The purpose of your final paper is to critically evaluate a mass media text by applying at least three or more of the major issues or concepts explored by the textbook and course content. These issues or concepts include:
- Economics of the production and distribution of the media text
- Laws and policies that regulate the production and distribution of the media text
- Ways in which structural power constrains individuals and institutions that produce the media text
- Ways in which dominant ideologies are transmitted by the media text
- Opportunities that exist for individuals and audiences to use the media text in unintended ways
- Influence of technology in the production and distribution of the media text
- Issues that arise when the media text is distributed globally
A recommended organization of your paper should include:
- Thesis paragraph
- Description of the media text
- Description of the focus of your paper
- Application of the concepts/issues
- Critical analysis of the text in light of the application of the concepts/issues
- Engagement of possible solutions to a problem or problems (if applicable)
Your well-written paper should also meet the following requirements:
- 8-10 pages
- Formatted according to APA Requirements
- Including a minimum of three outside sources, citing in proper APA style.
- Title Page (not included in page count)
- Reference Page (not included in page count)
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post Problems with the Globalization of Media appeared first on Top Premier Essays.