In this assignment, you are required to write about a concept or theory that is relevant for either social work practice or social work services
In this assignment, you are required to write about a concept or theory that is relevant for either social work practice or social work services. You should explain the concept or theory and show your awareness of how it relates to the relevant practices or services. Thinking about what you have learned in your Level 3 placement or will learn in the Level 4 placement or social work tasks that you are doing now will assist you in this task. (But note, this is not a case study. Examples should not be extensive and take up too much of the essay.) You should support what you say with appropriate references – so consider how you may use literature to demonstrate an evidence base or a clear scholarly argument to provide this support. (2000 words +/- 10%)
Marking criteria are: demonstrating understanding of the concept or theory [30%]; application (showing how the concept or theory is relevant to clients, societies or social work practices or services) [30%]; using appropriate references and breadth and depth in using this material [25%]; writing (structure, clarity, appropriate referencing) [15%].
You need to describe your theory or concept and how it applies in practice.
Your ability to do this is enabled by understanding the level at which your selected theory operates (see Turner & Boyns, 2002):
- Grand theories are the big ideas that seek to explain the world at high level of generality
- Examples: social class; patriarchy, social systems; personality; power, post-modernism, modernism, neoliberalism
- Mid-range theories are clearly defined ways of informing us about, or explaining, aspects of the world that we regularly encounter.
- Examples: family; community; human development; health; mental health; trauma; anxiety
- Operational theories are focused ideas that seek to explain the world from the perspective of specific human action.
- Examples: teamwork; strengths; empowerment; resilience
(choose one theory from above and locate the rational choice theory in that theory).
@ The theory I would like to choose is social work rational choice theory.
@ I did my first placement in the Community centre and work with refugees and Muslim.
@ The second placement I will work in a community centre again and work with teenagers.
@ We offers many different service in our community centre.
The post In this assignment, you are required to write about a concept or theory that is relevant for either social work practice or social work services appeared first on nursing assignment tutor.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post In this assignment, you are required to write about a concept or theory that is relevant for either social work practice or social work services first appeared on nursing writers.