Research the Internet and locate at least one real-life example of each of the following:
- Prosecutorial misconduct
- Ineffective assistance by criminal defense counsel
- Judicial misconduct
Create an 10-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation, with a minimum of 100 words of speaker notes, in which you summarize each example and address the following questions:
- What did the prosecutor do wrong? How does immunity protect the prosecutor from the consequences of his or her misconduct?
- What did the criminal defense attorney do wrong? What is the Strickland v. Washington standard? Refer to Ch. 10 of Courts and Criminal Justice in America. How do the performance prong and the prejudice prong of the Strickland standard apply to the example?
- What did the judge do wrong? Which judicial selection option–either appointment, election, or merit–would help to reduce instances of judicial misconduct?
- How does the misconduct or ineffectiveness of these courtroom participants reflect or thwart the crime control model of criminal justice? How does the misconduct or ineffectiveness of these courtroom participants reflect or thwart the due process model of criminal justice?
Format your presentation consistent with APA guidelines.
The post Courtroom Participation Professional Standards appeared first on Assignment Hub.
Courtroom Participation Professional Standards was first posted on March 5, 2021 at 7:45 pm.
©2019 "Assignment Hub". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
“Are you looking for this answer? We can Help click Order Now”
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post Courtroom Participation Professional Standards first appeared on nursing writers.